Technology is rapidly advancing and today’s people are enjoying new ways to communicate and seek entertainment. Furthermore, home-based jobs have become increasingly popular among those who want to leave their office-based careers. One of the most popular ways to earn money today is to get paid through texting.
Text and Get Paid
ChaCha and KGB are currently two of the biggest names in this segment. How does it work? You can actually earn money by simply answering questions through SMS. The process is relatively simple, especially if you love being with your mobile device everyday. This article will tell you more about how you can get paid to text. Read on.
ChaCha has a business model that is fairly unique and straightforward. The company basically helps users find the answers to their questions. You can easily throw any question about any topic. The communication method required is text messaging.
Its members are comprised of people with ample knowledge about anything. You have to be a well-balanced individual in order to get the job because there are no restrictions on the kind of questions that users may ask. This job basically requires you to answer questions through text messaging, and get paid for doing it.
- In order to become a ChaCha guide and start earning, you will have to have the following prerequisites:
- You must have your own mobile phone.
- You must have a reliable and high-speed Internet connection.
- You have to be 18 years old or up.
- You have to be a native English speaker, or at least have some fluency with the language.
- You must prove your U.S. residency.
- You are available to work in the U.S.
Visit ChaCha’s official website to begin the application process. Fill out the registration form, and wait for the company’s reply. ChaCha will send you a confirmation email that contains details about training and orientation. You will also be given a Role Readiness Test for the company to see whether you are ready to answer questions in real-time. Once you pass the test, you will then become a ChaCha guide and you can start earning for texting your answers.
Earning through ChaCha
Members are split into several categories. Your profit will depend on the category that you will be assigned in. These include:
- Expeditor: This category is for members who have expert-level knowledge, and are fully-competent in giving real-time answers through text messaging. You have to have solid research skills, and lightning fast fingers for quick texting.
- Generalist: This one is expected to be the Jack-of-all-Trades. He or she should have solid research skills, and can answer any question about any topic.
- Specialist: This one is deemed as a subject matter expert. The questions would be assigned to you when they fit into your specialty. You will be expected to know the answer outright, and send your reply almost instantly.
- Transcriber: This person acts as the middleman between ChaCha and its users. You will be the one to translate the voice messages received into text messages. The translated version should follow the standard format that other guides use when they reply. The company will pay you for your transcription effort, so do not worry about this.
- Vetter: This person is given a list of potential answers, and will be required to search for the best one from the choices.
Vetters make around $0.01 per every answer, while expeditors earn around $0.02 each. Transcribers can expect around $0.03, while generalists make between $0.10 and $0.20 for every answer. The key is to answer as many questions as you can to earn more.
The Knowledge Generation Bureau, more known as KGB, is a company that lets you text any question to an assigned number (542542) and get your answer ASAP. The format is similar to ChaCha’s, but this one charges $0.99 per question sent. ChaCha answers for free.
You will be paid to answer questions. KGB is constantly searching for Work-at-Home Special Agents to help them receive and answer questions. These agents are expected to send the correct answer to each query. Like ChaCha, however, this company has a few requirements from its applicants:
- You have to be over 18 years of age.
- You have to be a US citizen.
- You have to have a reliable broadband Internet connection.
- You have to have solid research skills.
You will also be required to complete the Special Agents Challenge. It involves a series of questions that you have to answer quickly. The company will grade you based on the number of right and wrong answers. You are free to take the challenge as many times as you wish. While it is fairly easy, it does not determine your eligibility to become a KGB agent. You will still have to wait for the company to contact you through email, which should include details on how and when you can start working.
Earning through KGB
KGB pays $0.10 for each full response, and $0.50 for every validation reply. A full response involves answering a question after researching a question. A validation response, on the other hand, requires you to check an automated reply and ensure that it is correct. It is possible to earn $10 per hour as a KGB special agent, as long as you work hard enough. On average, you should be earning between $4 and $6.
These two companies offer a great opportunity to earn extra money by simplying answering questions through text messaging. There are other companies that provide the same opportunity, but these two are the most popular. ChaCha and KGB both have similar prerequisites, which are fairly easy to complete. You can always refer to the Internet for answers – just type in your question on the browser and your answers will appear almost instantly. While the pay seems to low, this job still offers a small-time opportunity to earn extra cash for your needs and wants.
Related Post: How to Get Paid to Watch Ads